Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Schanden Continues

It has now been a full week since our computer troubles started. I have had the computer back to a working order four times. Each time has required hours of frustration and many helpful suggestions from friends who are more computer savvy than I. Now conventional wisdom would say that success is the adequate completion of requisite steps, it would also say that repeated success would require repetition of those steps. In my case I must be forgetting which steps I had taken in the past, because I cannot seem to solve the problem this the fifth time. I do not know or remember exactly which micro-steps I must have taken while waiting for macro-steps to complete. I must have closed some process or deleted some file that I am not doing any longer and short of once again haphazardly closing processes I no longer know what to try. It is obvious that the many problems that I have managed to remove are not the problems that most needed removal.

I think I must need professional help, oh and a computer guru.

No comments: