Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Cheap Lift Tickets- Get Some


Want to ski on the cheap this season, but volunteerings not up your ally? Here's the skinny on a new deal for you.

Having been a college student I understand the quest for cheap/free skiing. I admit, I've abused friendships for skiing hookups. Now, for the sake of kharma, I'm prepared to be exploited since I have the hook-up. The trouble is that I only get so many passes a year and I'm an insanely popular guy. So although you can't all ski for free I still want all my friends to ski affordably. Fortunately, for you all there is a new website that offers ski tickets at discounted rates- liftopia.com.

The site is easy to use. You can choose the mountain you'd like to ski and look at a calendar to see when the skiing will be cheapest, or you can pick the day you want to ski and compare the cost of tickets at all the mountians in the program.

This weekend I ran into Mando's Aunt Pam in the parking lot of the mountain I volunteer at she and her grandsons had purchased lift tickets for the day for $7.00.

$7.00!?! That's less then the price of a hot chocolate in the lodge for a days skiing.

Now the deals aren't always this great and it looks as though the deals get better as the date you are skiing gets nearer, and there are a limited number of "hot" tickets available, but it can't hurt to check it out before you drive up and pay $60.00 for a few hours of bliss.

No comments: